This site is owned and operated by United Way of Northwest Vermont. Your privacy on the internet is of the utmost importance to us. At United Way, we want to make your experience on our website satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Who we are
United Way of Northwest Vermont (UWNWVT) unites our whole community to solve complex problems and harness the power of people to create a stronger region. We proudly serve Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties of Vermont. United Way convenes advocates, organizations and institutions to address the community’s most pressing issues. The problems facing our region are complex; they are issues that no single organization or individual alone can solve – real change is possible when nonprofit, public and private sectors work together. United Way has the networks, partnerships and strategic initiatives to improve the lives of our family, friends and neighbors. Our website address is unitedwaynwvt.org.
types of information we gather
UWNWVT gathers two types of information about users:
- Voluntary Submissions: Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These include email sign-ups and filling out forms on the website; and
- Usage Tracking: Information UWNWVT gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout the sites. This information allows us to better tailor content to readers’ needs.
how we gather information
United Way of Northwest Vermont may gather user information using the following processes:
- Emails: We offer free emails with educational content, UWNWVT program news, and opportunities to get involved to users who sign up to receive our emails. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every email that points users to the subscription management page.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
what we do with the information we gather
UWNWVT uses any information we gather to enhance user experience on the site and to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. We use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out emails for and to keep users informed about the organization. We may also use your information to further support UWNWVT’s programs and charitable purposes. When we use tracking information to determine which areas of the site users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas, we do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
WHAT INFORMATION WE SHARE
UWNWVT uses the above-described information to tailor content to suit your needs. We will also share your information with nonprofit partners and third-parties to comply with applicable law or valid legal process, inform our own advertising efforts, to protect the personal safety of our users or the public, or support UWNWVT’s purposes.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our emails.
- Opting not to complete forms on our website.